Similar to biscotti, this is a hard cookie filled with fruit and nuts.
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ cup matzoh cake meal
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 cup raisins OR 1 cup nuts OR 1 cup dates OR ½ cup choc chips or any combination
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together (dough will be fairly stiff).
- Shape into 4 rolls.
- Place rolls on greased cookie sheets (2 rolls per sheet).
- Flatten slightly.
- Top with 1 tsp. cinnamon and 2 tsp sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and lie wedges flat on the cookie sheets.
- Put back in oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- This recipe is pareve and suitable for Passover! For an extra delicious twist, melt chocolate and dip mandelbrot into the chocolate, then set on parchment paper to harden.
Congregation Beth Shalom of the Blue Hills http://www.bethshalombluehills.org/